To help at the Soup Kitchen, please send an email to [email protected] and include the following info:
- Dates you would like to volunteer
- Number of volunteers in your group
- What you are interested in – serving, providing a meal, kitchen help
Our Volunteer Guidelines assist you every step of the way…
Upon arrival, check in with our Kitchen Assistant. If you have questions about any of the equipment, or duties, please ask!
- Put on a St. Paul’s Soup Kitchen apron.
- Bring all food into the kitchen
- Prepare/heat food as required
The service area will be set up by our staff.
Serve the Meal
- Bring food to service area – be ready to serve at 5:00 PM.
- Serve patrons as they go through the line
- Wash ALL tables in the hall with cleaner supplied by our staff
- Wash, dry and put away service trays
- Wash, dry and put away ALL pots, pans and cooking utensils
- Clean kitchen counters, sinks and work areas
Sweep the floor in the hall
- Return your aprons to a staff member
- Wear appropriate PPE while in the building or on the property of Eliot church.
- Wear closed-toe, rubber soled shoes.
- Hair must be tied back
- Follow proper handwashing procedures
- Wear food service gloves
- Lift correctly. Bend your knees, get a firm grip and lift with your legs. Do not lift over 25 pounds without help.
- Adhere to all posted Department of Health and Human Services, Board of Health, ServSafe, Federal or State government requirements.